The Straits Time Run 2017, Singapore - the day God spoke to me

This month starts a new season in my life and it is marked by two things. First, after having worked from home for almost 3 years, I had finally relocated my workstation back to office. Secondly, this month is also my 3 years cancer anniversary! Yuhoo..!!

Come to think of it, I have got my life, career, family and health all going on great for me. Nothing to complain, except that things are moving a little faster than I thought and I am afraid I can't keep up! Ever since I started to go back to office, I am struggling to find time to stay active, to cook a healthy meal, to keep things at home in its place, to spend time with Teddygirl and to do the things that I enjoy doing.

What if all this running around is breaking the balance that kept the cancer at bay? It sure is scary as shit just thinking about it...

That thought had been on my mind for a few days now, however it got expounded as I was trying to keep up with a random guy, whom I have chosen to be my unofficial pacer at the Straits Time Run, and each step to move forward after that was a drag. 

I looked at him running steadily away from me and it became apparent that I can't keep up anymore. I felt disappointed, useless and hopeless. I am never gonna improve on my run. My life is going to be a mess. I'm gonna fall sick again. I thought. That was when I heard a very loud and clear voice snapped and said to me "You are suppose to be running with me!" And I immediately knew He was right.

"Be strong and courages. Do not fear or be dread in them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6 


Stupidgale

Stupidgale is a Sino-Kadazan office nerd during the day and leisure blogger by night. She enjoys writting about everything under the sun and is currently living in Singapore with her family (including teddygirl the corgi).

No comments: