Reflections and Vision (2016/ 2017)


Many things has happened in 2016 and the most significant is definitely the restoration in my health. It has become a norm these days that when I go in for a review with Dr. S, even before she or I sat down, Dr. S would start to shake her head, and smilingly say Cannot see anything leh... in the Singlish accent. 

I also did myself good by investing in my health through eating well and exercising more. Completed the YVSTY 1000km challenge and also did my first half-marathon with JB... yay! 

Throughout 2016, I can feel that it has been well in many areas of my life. Other then my health, I have had peace in my work and also in my life. It was really surreal to feel this complete peacefulness while everyone and everything else is not. Once I even told JB that it feels like the calm before the storm... However thank God, there wasn't any storm that came in 2016. It was just me, being human and insecure of the peace that God has given to me. 

So for year 2017, the vision is continue to live life, live well and live strong. Also to draw closer to God, be at peace with him, and take this whole year to think about What is my purpose in life?

Purpose - which has been a topic that kept popping up in my quarterly review with Dr. S... yeah, instead of talking about chances of the cancer coming back or what to do to keep it at bay, being spiritual as she is, this is the main message that I would get out from her every time after review - finding my purpose. Cool right? 

Anyway, definitely not easy to answer and probably I'll need a lifetime to figure out. But either way, she does have a point, not everyone get a second chance in life. And if I'm here alive, then there must be a reason for it... whatever it is. And this is the same for every other person who is alive now. Because we don't exist for the sake of existing and taking up a space on earth, there is a purpose we are made. Only question is What is it?

Stupidgale

Stupidgale is a Sino-Kadazan office nerd during the day and leisure blogger by night. She enjoys writting about everything under the sun and is currently living in Singapore with her family (including teddygirl the corgi).

No comments: